The Band Bus

What happens on the band bus stays on the band bus.


Time

Aubrey Mark's Going-Away party was Friday. It was all fun, games, and food, until people started to leave. Her close friends wept, of course. I've never been a real friend of Aubrey's, so I found saying goodbye to her fairly easy. But then I started to wonder: in 3 1/2 years, what close friends will I have to say farewell to, never to meet again? I've grown so accustomed to these faces that the thought of no longer seeing them kills me. Every new day draws us closer to the time when we all must part. My close friends I'm sure I'll never loose, but what about the other ones? Will they just fade from memory? Will they become no more than a wonderful dream? I think I've realized why 8th grade was such a good year. We were no longer insecure seventh graders, and we still didn't have to worry about the future. It was simply a party year, and party, we did. But now...we're almost to the finish line. I thought I would find joy in these final years, but I can really find nothing but despair. Our lives began the moment we walked through Putnam's doors. I think back on all the good times I had during elementry school, and how those days seem like yesterday. How long before I think the same about high school? How long before these days and these friendships are only memories? A couple years ago, I would've said forever, but today...it'll scarcely be any time at all.

4 Responses to “Time”

  1. # Blogger Scott

    wow, that's depresing. i have to thought bout this, after the four years of highschool is over our lifes are different. we could never go back to the same, easy days that we'll miss. but we allready have changed. remember 6th grade, how big of dorks we were? how much have we changed? over three years we are different people and we are growing up and in three more years we'll be getting ready to say good bye. sure people come and go in life but that is a good thing. have you ever thought about the people in 1st grade? i think if we spend all are time worrying bout the past, thoughs memories that we love, that well never have any more.  

  2. # Blogger Elentine

    Wow, dude. That's like...deep. And you're right. If we keep our heads burried in the past, there's no way we can experience the present.  

  3. # Blogger Aubrey

    Am I the only one who doesn't find what Scott said deep? Maybe it's cuz I already had this talk with him before. Anywho, I still think about people from my old elm. school. Katie, Katie, Danielle, Heather, Travis, Kayla, etc. But I know that if I really wanted to see them again, I could just go to Parkrose (and risk being shot lol) and try to find them. They probably won't remember me though, we were friends in elementry school, hardly anyone stays like, best friends after elementry school.
    Megan and I were talking about this sorta last night, and how in middle school, Becca found new friends, and Megan, Lacey, Jill and Settie all pretty much became back up friends, the ones that when she was having a hard time, she would look to them for some help because some of her other friends didn't care.
    Four years from now, who knows where we maybe? Some of us may move away, we might get in a big argument that never ends and we just part ways, or some of might even end up dying (sad to think I know, and I hope no-one does, but still,it's a real thing, who knows, there could be a freak band accident tomorrow. lol)So we should enjoy the time we have now, cuz who knows what might happen tomorrow or a week from now, or even a year?
    "She said he said live like tomorrow, every day we borrow brings us one step closer to the edge....my high school dreams are gone, my childhood sweets are gone, life is a day that doesn't last for long...."
    What I'm trying to say is, we should all just focus on today, not the past, because the past has happend, and you can't chage that at all, but today, you can make your life go whichever way you want. It's kinda like Donnie Darko, every desision you make today will effect your future in some way, whether it's studying for a big test that could make your grade better, desiding to go out with someone that you might want to spend the rest of your life with, or what kind of Jell-O you're going to eat at lunch. Every desision we make today effects our future in some way, so we shouldn't focus on the past so much as we should on today and the future. Sure, I do sometimes wonder what my old friends are up to (half of them are probably doing drugs, and I'm sure at least one of them's a total whore, cuz she was in elementry school) but I remember that that's the past, and that's never going to happen again, so instead I decide to make the best of today.
    Anywho, I dunno if I kinda got off topic or not, I think what I said kinda goes with the topic of the post. I dunno. Anyway, Sarah, you wanna go to U of O, correct? Well, that's where I'm hoping to go, so if we both make it, we'll get to go to college together (poor poor souls at U of O won't know what hit 'em. lol) and share a dorm room or something, so it'll be all good, we'll go bar hopping and what not (as they say in Alias "You've never been bar hopping?!?! You poor soul, you're missing out on a great thing") lol. Well, I'm rambling now, and I relized that the version of Laffy Taffy that i have on my dad's computer is the bleeped one so I'm gonna find the unbleeped one. Talk to y'all later!  

  4. # Blogger Aubrey

    holy crap, that comment is really long. lol  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Band Bus | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health