The Band Bus

What happens on the band bus stays on the band bus.


There are known knows, then there are known unknowns...

I've noticed my posts have become horrifyingly vain as of late (to say nothing of infrequent). That's not to say I haven't pursued the unknown. It's just, my profound ideas are like big bubbles. I can chase them through the fields as long as I wish, but as soon as I go to catch it, it bursts. Sure, I can catch the smaller ones, but it's the big bubbles I'm after. While I sit on my bed, looking at the stars, I chase trains of thought so profound and deep, they kinda surprise me. I reach conclusions that make life lighter. Of course, they burst as soon as I go to write them down.

I've thought about tape recording these thoughts rather than write them down, but most rides last for the briefest of moments, like little thoughtgasms. A second or two of light and clarity, then back to the unknown. The unknown's a lovely place to be, though. Anything's possible. Things we think are beyond the realm of possibility one century are done in the next. Laws are only relative to the times.

How then can we discount anything? The greatest revelation we can come to is the revelation that we know nothing. What I find humorous is that one of the greatest debates, science vs. religion, is about how to know the unknown. It's all just quite silly. They are two sides of the same lollypop. If the two sides would just stop arguing with eachother, they'd come to find just how similar they really are, and who knows, maybe this vast, seemingly infinite realm of the unkown would grow just a little bit smaller. Of course, the more we know, the more we realize we don't know, and that's really all that life and reality is: a great, big silver question mark.

4 Responses to “There are known knows, then there are known unknowns...”

  1. # Blogger Christine

    I've had those same thoughts! I hate it. Your typical young, giggly, naive Christine, when alone, because deep and thoughtful and organized. As soon as she opens her mouth, however, it goes back to, "OMG HARRY POTTER!"

    Anyway, I completely agree with the "We know nothing" thing. I mean, who would have though, in 1600, that we could transport over 100 people in a gigantic flying machine (aka an airplane)?

    On the other hand, we've crossed so many barriers that there's only so many things we can discover. Yes, technology is developing amazingly fast, but all we're doing is improving on what we already know. It's not like we're discovering a completely new concept, like electricity.

    I like this post. It makes me happy. <3  

  2. # Blogger Christine

    "typical young, giggly, naive Christine, when alone, because"

    *becomes  

  3. # Blogger Scott

    This is a good post, it makes me think. Good writing Sir Bubbles.  

  4. # Blogger Elentine

    Thanks Mosh :-) I was hoping I'd get you to think. Yippee!

    Christine, I'm glad I made you happy <3 I love making people happy. Now i'm happy. Yay happiness.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Band Bus | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health