The Band Bus

What happens on the band bus stays on the band bus.


A Lack of Holiday Spirit

I hate this. I wish I could help, but I've never been one to give advice. I'm struggling to talk to one friend without betraying the other. Occationally, I even give up trying. It's just been a huge balancing act; I'm forced to balance friends with friends and friends with school. I'm a clutz. Balancing things just doesn't work. At school, I want to work and concentrate, but my friends distract me from doing so. The classes I'm doing the best at are the ones where close friends are absent. If I'm alone, I can concentrate on what needs to be done, instead of thinking about topics which have no relation to what we're working on. My friends, individually, I love, but when they break the barrier and intermingle, I'm always shoved out. I'm not assertive. I never have been and never will be. My truest friends are the ones that see that and understand it. Andrea used to know that, but she's become so self-consumed that I don't think she gives a damn anymore. All those near her have seen the change, but not one has yet confronted her about it. And intervention is needed lest we loose her for good. For the first time, I wish I wasn't the best friend. I don't think anyone else is close enough to give her the truth. I'm not the confrontational type so how on earth am I supposed to tell Andrea that she's being a self-centered bitch? Oh well, I'll think of something, because it's an unpleasant task that must be done. Aren't the holidays jolly?

2 Responses to “A Lack of Holiday Spirit”

  1. # Blogger Aubrey

    hehehe...sorry for destracting you in class, I seemed to have taken on the roll of my friends in class last year...  

  2. # Blogger Elentine

    Bre:oh, lol. it's just, i've hardly ever had a class with a close friend before, so i'm just not used to concentrating on both, rather than one or the other.

    Andrea: i want u to know it was hard for me to write it. I felt like i was betraying u. I'm happy that u've forgiven me.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Band Bus | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health