The Band Bus

What happens on the band bus stays on the band bus.


Good Ridance (Time of your life)

Another turning point a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life


So, why the forshadowing lyrics? 'Cause I really did have the time of my life. Green Day concert plus my first oboe lesson. There's no way that anyone could be happier. Ok, happiness at a Green Day concert is pretty much a given, but happiness at an oboe lesson? Well, you'd have to be a band geek to really appreciate it. Also, there's a guy that has lessons right after me and he's REALLY hot! Plus, he plays oboe too! The only bad thing is that he goes to West Linn and he's probably a senior or junior. Probably a senior, because he has a letterman jacket (he lettered in band!). But, hey, I can still dream.

Okay, so now for the big event of the night: the Green Day concert. It was the best fuckin time I've ever had! Hence, Good Ridance (Time of Your Life). The only downside was the unknown liquid that hit my head several times, but it was hot in the stadium so it felt good. I just ignored the fact that it was probably sweat that flew off while the dude was head-bangin. Billie, Mike, and Tre were hotter then I thought (as well as crazier). Also present was a pink bunny who, I believe, stole the show. There was a screen on either side of the stage that would show text messages when sent to a certain number. We couldn't find the second half of our group (Spaz, Megan, and Jacob) because they came in a second car so Bre paid Lacy's brother $5 to send a text to the number. After about 10 minutes, our message, telling where we were (66), finally came up and a few minutes after that they came over and we were never seperated again. W00t! The lights dimmed and out came the band. Everyone was on there feet and the excitement was as thick as fog. I tried to call Andrea and let her know what she's missing (I know, I'm so nice) but it was too loud and I couldn't hear a thing. Billie wasn't the only one to sing. Tre Cool also got in on the fun and sang "I was alone" or something like that. I don't remember. It was hillarious. The most gut busting moment of the night was when Billie, while making the crowd say random noises, started to touch himself. It was great. The most poetic moment was during Queen's "We are the Champions" (yup, they did more than just their songs. Other remakes included "Shout"). He told us to take out our lighters and our cell phones and soon the Colliseum was alight with thousands of gold and blue jewels. In that moment, I was about to cry. The emotions were too much...

Anywho!, the whole night was fuckin awsome. I can scarcely talk after screaming for 2 straight hours. I'm about to fall asleep also. Even though I got the same amount of sleep that I usually get, I'm about to collapse. I'm running on pure sugar. Andrea gave me this goop that bicyclists eat when they need a quick pick-me-up but I don't think it's working. I'm still tired. Hell, I don't care. I had the time of my life *cue music*

0 Responses to “Good Ridance (Time of your life)”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Band Bus | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health