The Band Bus

What happens on the band bus stays on the band bus.


I Hate This Time of the Year

Everyone leaves. Last year's seniors were fine. I didn't know any of them, so it made little difference to me. But this year, I know some, meaning I will miss some. Joey, Trevor, Cory. What are band concerts going to be like without Cory's solos, or Joey's quirkiness? Where are the inappropriate sexual innuendos going to come from? I'm terrible at goodbyes. I've come around to the idea that after the seniors graduate the week after next, I'm most likely never going to see them again. Ever.

I've let each day of this year pass with such apathy, and then when I need them the most, there are none left to hold on to. I've let my year be about this summer, this blessed summer, but that was my ultimate folly. I let the day pass on its own accord and welcomed the night, when my only company was my own thoughts.

We act like we are immortal. I'm am not the only culprit in this crime. We all are. We let hours pass as though they may be made up at a later date, yet we are only given this one moment. Tomorrow is not promised. The dawn, the stars, the moon are not promised. Our whole life amounts to this one moment. How should we fill it?

Every moment of your life does not need profound thoughts or righteous deeds. A life that abstains from simply looking at a rose or the clouds is a life wasted. I am only saying, make today about something. It is not these years that define us, but the days. We have a world of opportunity at our fingertips, but what use is it if we do not grasp it.

2 Responses to “I Hate This Time of the Year”

  1. # Blogger Aubrey

    Yeah, I'm going to miss those guys, but I've already gone through this one year, and I know that I've seen all of the people I was close to at least once and have them all on my myspace. I Currently have Cory and Trevor on my myspace and Joey's supposed to be getting a facebook. The yearbook got botched this year, chances are we won't get them until the last day of school, which is totally lame. I've figured out a way to get all of my seniors to sign it, though.  

  2. # Blogger Christine

    If Joey doesn't get a facebook, I'll kill him. I really am going to miss that boy, not matter HOW much I act annoyed....='(

    I try to make my life as meaningful as possible...I really do look at nature's beauty what seems to be TOO often...but I feel that I don't make enough effort to connect with people, and hole up in my little safe bubble....*sigh*

    Tear! Sarah! Look what you made me do! lol  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Band Bus | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health