The Band Bus

What happens on the band bus stays on the band bus.


For the Darkest of Times

I found this entry in an old journal and it reminded me why I went to the PSU writers, um, thing. This is some of the best writing I've ever done, even though I'm pretty sure it was done late at night when I could barely grip a pencil. Here it is...

Yup, I'm an airhead. 2/3 of the way through 8th grade and I finally remember to write back. You can't blame me though, I've had a lot on my plate. Lately I've been releasing my inner sci-fi geek. I'm way into Star Wars, rekindling my obsession with Harry Potter, and reminissing over the melencholy epic that is, was, and always will be the Lord of the Rings. Decades from now, I'll be fighting back tears while telling my grandchildren that I lived in the age of kings reborn. Movies come and go but LOTR remained like a diamond set against stone. Why do gread epics end with the return of something once great? LORT>The Return of the King. SW> Return of the Jedi. I cried to the sobering thought that this is the end of LOTR. No more of these early Christmas presents. No more pouring over Google images to find a new picture. It's over and that's that. I'm not going to read the last page of Book 7 of HP. I never want it to end. I alread know, that after reading the very last of HP that I'm going to spend my time in my room, silently sobbing. Why do all good things have to come to an end while the bad endure? Within 10 years (2000-2010) I've seen and am going to see the hollow send off of kings.

0 Responses to “For the Darkest of Times”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Band Bus | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health